Sunday, January 9, 2011

First project proposal


My first project is going to be a junior and senior movie night. Think about how sad it is to be going to some of the same classes as someone and not know their name or what they like to do for fun. The reason as to why I took upon starting this project is because I want to be able to change some of this. In this case that means that people fell very uncomfortable in not only socializing with their class mates but also in the class. The student might have good grades but still fell uncertain about themselves when they raise their hands to share something or they just might not share at all.
Having attended our past school spirit assemblies I noticed that the freshman and sophomores have a higher percentage of the people participating in the cheers and the events than the juniors and seniors do. I think that the reason for this might be because of the fact that the juniors fell uncomfortable among each other and that is something that I think can be changed by my project. The time that they spend together and having fun can change all of that. My project is basically going to be a half hour of playing board games/ice breakers and then watching a movie and eating candy. I believe that if a person has the confidence to play with their classmates that they would be able to cheer and volunteer for events for the sake of their classmates.

The following steps are what I will be doing in order to accomplish the event:

  1. Find a date.
  2. Create poster/s to be able to spread the word.
  3. Pick a movie.
  4. Find games and food and drinks.
  5. Find a room.
  6. Find a supervising teacher.
  7. Create a way to obtain attending classmates feedback.
After the event is held I will have two different ways to obtain feedback. One is going to be making a handout that asks the attendees how they felt about the event itself. That is going to be a way for me to get exact feed back from exact students. Also I can make observation on how the junior and senior classes act on the next closest spirit assembly. For the type of project I am doing I can really set up a real time table because of the fact that there is only going to be one date. But for milestone date refer to the blog titled mile stone dates. The only money costing part of the project will be buying the food and drinks. For a while I thought of asking people to pay. But after basing the outcome off of the one last year I found the they food and drinks for the entire night would not cost more the 60 dollars. The movie and board games are all going to be coming from what is under my disposal.
Finally I believe that an event like this is exactly what some of the students might need. A chance to be able to get to know some of the seniors before they graduate might just be the thing that the juniors could use. Because of the fact that it can be a way for them to understand what it is actually like being a senior.

No comments:

Post a Comment